Tom & I were discussing the grocery list because I was about to run to the store... and Noah chimed in, saying he wanted to go. Tom said "sure, if you get a haircut today" and Noah didn't skip a beat. "OK, get my socks & shoes." I told him we'd even run to McDonald's for a Happy Meal if he'd really get a haircut. Still didn't skip a beat. "Yep, commissary, barber shop, Happy Meal." Do you know how fast Tom & I got his socks & shoes and headed out the door?!?! :)
We walked into the barber shop... no waiting... called us right over to a chair. I sat down with Noah on my lap & the lady put one cape over me, one cape over him. There was a shelf of toys near us & Tom got something for Noah to hold. It made all sorts of music. He sat there, looking at the toy when all of a sudden the lady took the clippers & buzzed a streak down the middle of his head!!!! This streak... from his forehead to the crown of his head... was BALD!!!
And here was my kid... the one that usually requires to adults to hold him down while a third cuts his hair... laughing his butt off at the hair falling, the bald streaks, the way the clippers sounded in his thick hair. No idea what made the difference. Maybe it's just that he's getting a little older and easier to reason with... or maybe it's that he really wanted McDonald's... ;)
Here's my bald kid...

And for contrast... this was about a week ago... (ignore the awful photo... it was taken at night at a BBQ in our backyard & he was yelling something at the girl taking the picture!)
7 comments:
Oh WOW...looks like a different kid! He'll always be a cutie but I loved all his hair. Glad he handled it well for you!
OMG! He is still adorable! Looks like a different child now.
are you sure thats the same kid??!! wow!! looks awesome!!!! good job!!!!
he looks totally different! Still a lil cutie tho :)
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!
Did you DRUG HIM?
:eek: I can NOT believe it!
Noah - you look SO HANDSOME!
WOw, looks totally different!
What a great haircut! And such a cute kid!!!
Post a Comment