Saturday, September 08, 2007

My Lil Chef

Noah has always loved to be in the kitchen with me... right in the middle of anything I am cooking... so I've always let him help with simple stuff. He loves to stir anything... and I can't crack an egg EVER!! If he hears me cracking eggs, he'll come running... and if I only needed one & didn't let him do it... Oh.My.Gosh... he'll freak!!

Tonight I was breaking up a loaf of bread to make an egg bake for tomorrow morning and he walked in the kitchen. BUSTED!! He pulled a chair up and washed his hands within seconds! The egg bake takes 10 eggs so I had to cut a deal: I would crack the eggs & he could stir them up.

So... do ya think he likes to cook?!

And this is what I got when I told him it was my turn to stir the eggs:
I envisioned 10 eggs and 3/4 cup of milk ALL over my floor...
Apparently I was laughing too loud... or maybe the egg bake was supposed to be a secret????
Stirring eggs... ... and stirring eggs... ... and stirring eggs some MORE. *sigh* My lil chef... Guess he isn't ready to stop cooking... ** He isn't really making a fist at me... we were both being goofy. I stuck my tongue out at him & he said he'd "pop me in the eye"... ;) I think he got my sense of humor!

PS... this egg bake recipe is one I got from my bestest friend Amy in South Dakota. It's GOOD!

Amy's Egg Bake

Tear bread into little pieces – I use French bread but you can just use stale white bread too. For our family I use enough bread to cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan. (Be sure to spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray!!) Mix 10 eggs with ¾ cup of milk and salt to taste – beat well, and then pour over the bread.

I top mine with chopped up deli ham – but you can use any breakfast meat you would like – crumbled sausage or bacon. Sprinkle with cheese to cover. Let sit in the fridge covered over night or at least 4 hours. The bread will soak up the egg mixture. After it sits (or in the morning), put a few thin pats of butter or margarine around on the top (gives it a little moisture while it bakes) and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or so – until it’s golden.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! I forgot about his new hair! he's such a little chef.

Hey Noah! Egg bake is my favorite! Can I come over for breakfast? :)

Tracy said...

What a cutie!

Tamara Wheeler said...

aw, he is adorable. Funny how kids love to help cook. I guess I am not a nice mommy because I always say no.

I've got to try this egg bake. Sounds sooo yummy!

Unknown said...

dang that kid is keyute! i miss his long hair, LOL!!! look like a fun time with minimal mess ;)

~Holly~ said...

He is sooo cute!! Can't wait to try this Egg Bake :D

Just Me said...

Chef Noah!!!!

.jessica jo. said...

awww look at him!!! so cute!

SuzyQ said...

That is absolutely adorable!!!! He is so stinkin' cute!!!!