Monday, October 22, 2007

a boy... and his (temporary) dog

We're doggie-sitting for a friend for about 6 weeks... and today was Day One. :) Charlie arrived around 1pm and quickly made himself at home... checked out every room in the house, sniffed everything, marked every tree in the yard, played ball with Noah, went for a walk & took a nap.

Charlie is a great dog. He's a beagle. Really friendly but not hyper & only barks at other dogs, which we don't have around our house very often. He's obviously sad that his owner isn't here... but he's warmed up to us really quickly. Noah was super impressed with the tricks he'll do for a treat! "Roll over" scored major points!

We're using this doggie-sitting as a "trial run" for getting a dog of our own. Noah has been begging for a dog for about a year. If this goes well, we'll get him a dog about the time Charlie goes home... which will be sometime near the end of November or beginning of December. I'm not a fan of pets for Christmas or birthday gifts, but it just happens to work out close to the holidays and Noah's 5th birthday (December 13).

Reality set in about 10 minutes after our friend left Charlie here... EEK!!! I have a dog in my house!!! But after our time outside and a few laps around the house, I see this:
... and I think this is gonna be just fine. :) They are in the livingroom floor, looking out the patio doors... nothing out there... but they watched that nothing for 20 minutes!

8 comments:

Tamara Wheeler said...

OMG....Dorothy! That picture is sooooo cute!

Shannon Schafer said...

OMG that is an awesome photo!!!

Sara V. said...

that is adorable. good luck with the dog sitting!!

Sara

Anonymous said...

that is DANG CUTE!

Tracy said...

That is the BEST picture ever!

Abby said...

Adorable picture! Beagles are great dogs! Noah is going to have a blast.

monica.coffman said...

Aww...what a cute picture! And I love dogs...especially beagles. You need to make a little book like I did for the dog I housesat...that'd be so cute!

Dorothy said...

Monica... That's exactly what I thought!!! I remembered your dog-sitting book!