I hear all the horror stories about mothers-in-law (and I have to admit, my first mother-in-law was no picnic), but I cannot brag enough about mine! MaryBeth is amazing! She flew from Ohio to Texas with 5 days notice to help when I was having minor surgery last month... and ended up staying 2 weeks instead of just one week. Originally coming to help me, she spent more time helping a toddler with a broken foot! Noah & I fell on the stairs a few days before she got here... and he had a cast to contend with.
During her visit, we went shopping, where she refused to let me pay for anything, and hung out at home. I loved having her here. She is such a sweetheart and I wish we lived closer. It was so nice to just sit and chat with her, and to see her play with Noah!
And I can't deny that it was nice to have another adult in the house! I was finally able to shave both legs in one shower!!! :) That first night, I stayed in the shower so long I ran out all the hot water! She helped clean up, cook and do laundry too! She's a saint for putting up with my rambunctious toddler climbing on her & whacking her with any toy he could find... and she still bought him something every time we went shopping!
There are some "blended" families that have a difficult time... but not this one! She treats my boys from my first marriage as if they were blood-related to her. She is their grandmother, no matter how many grandmothers they have.
I feel so blessed to have Tom in my life... and I feel just as blessed to have his mother in my life. She has been a big help and comfort this past year while he was gone. I knew I could call her up anytime, day or night, if I needed to talk or if I needed advice or an opinion. She treated me like a daughter instead of a daughter-in-law.
The love and happiness Tom brings to me is sure reflected in the woman that raised him.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment