... is quite amusing! Noah has been so creative lately. He talks non-stop (nothing new there!) and he is now making up stories to tell me when he's "reading" a book, playing with toys and making up scenarios... oh, and now he's got imaginary friends going on walks with us! After a few days of his great stories and our entertaining talks, I decided to start typing up the conversations so I wouldn't forget them by the time I got to that scrapbook page! This is what I typed up after one such chat:
"Sometimes the best part of my day is our afternoon walk around the block! You have always been a talker, but on our walks, you talk non-stop about anything and everything! Today was no exception. You were riding in the wagon, and all of a sudden, you started yelling “Here Sammy… here Sammy… come here Sammy” like you were calling a dog or cat. Well, since our dog is named Domino and in another country right now, I figured it was safe to assume you weren’t calling him! After about three rounds of calling Sammy, I finally asked you about it. This was our conversation:
Me: Who is Sammy?
You: My friend.
Where is Sammy? (I didn’t want to say he or she because I didn’t know which!)
He is over there. (and you pointed to a grassy spot by a tree… I saw no one.)
Really?! What does Sammy look like?
Look. He’s over there. (like I’m stupid… since I was asking & Sammy is RIGHT there. Duh!)
ok…
Sammy is gonna ride in the wagon too.
ok. How much does Sammy weigh… this wagon is kinda heavy! (hey, I’m outta shape, give me a break here!)
He’s thhhiiiiiiiis big… (and you put your hand outside the wagon to show Sammy is about 6 inches tall from the ground)
Ok, then… tell Sammy to climb in.
No, Sammy wants to walk.
Do you want to walk too?
No. I’m gonna hold Sammy’s rope.
Rope?
Yep. Sammy can jump.
He can?
Yep. Way up to the sky. He can grab the moon. Planets too.
Planets too?! Wow. Sammy can jump high!
Sometimes. And the rope goes “boing!” when he jumps.
The rope stretches that far when he jumps?
Really, really far.
That must be some rope!?
It’s orange.
Oh. Ok then. (huh?!)
Can I have a popsicle?
Sure, as soon as we get home. Would Sammy like one too?
Sammy left.
Ah…. Till tomorrow!"
Saturday, June 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment