That is EXACTLY what I'm going to say to my hubby when he finally gets home. See, this trip of his was supposed to be Thursday to Monday... getting home around 8pm Monday evening. I've learned from many many many trips like this that I really shouldn't expect him back until I get the call that he is HERE.
This trip was a little different because I usually get to speak to him once or twice a day no matter how long he's gone. Even when he was deployed we talked for 10-15 minutes on the days he wasn't flying. But not this time. He left early Thursday morning and I finally heard from him today (Sunday). He called to tell me that they have a broken part on the plane so they may not leave to come home tomorrow. Well. Color me surprised. ;) There's a small chance it can be fixed in time... but I'm still sticking to my original estimate of returning on Wednesday. hahaha!
It really surprises me that I can sort of joke about his trips now. When he cross-trained and started flying last year, I really was a nervous wreck every time I knew he was in the air. I've seen and heard about WAY too many airplane issues living on military bases. But, somehow, since we've been here in Japan, I've really calmed down about it. When he leaves sometimes, he will tell me that he's not sure when he'll get to call me so that I don't worry but I tell him that I'm ok until someone knocks on the door... (his commander & the chaplain would come to notify me if there was a problem) ... but until then, it's a normal day.
He loves his job... and it's so very obvious to me that he is happy flying... so, somehow I've learned to deal with the stress. It's worth the frustrations and the delays... because I can see the pride on his face when he talks about flying. He loves his job and he's proud of what he's doing... but not nearly as proud as I am of him for what he does.
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment