Friday, September 15, 2006

It suddenly hit me....

I was driving back to the base this evening and it suddenly hit me... I AM DRIVING HOME FROM THE GROCERY STORE IN JAPAN!!!! I've been here since the end of April and have made that same drive a hundred times, but for some reason, sitting in traffic waiting on a train to pass, it was like... "wow. I just went to a grocery store in a foreign country... and shopped... and purchased specific stuff that I will use to cook!"

Why it took all this time for it to really sink in... I have NO idea!!! :)

2 comments:

~Jamie said...

hahaha so you just figured you were in Japan, eh?

Dorothy said...

:rolleyes: Yes!! And at such a random, simple moment too!!! Not like when I'm standing in downtown Tokyo or looking at Mt. Fuji... just coming home from the grocery store!!